What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omg fly fest!

I have no idea whats going on here, I open my garage for a few hours I come back and my growchamber is crawling with flys and they're all trying to get in!

I took some picture, I tryed to scare them away then ten minutes later they're trying to get back in. I take this as a sign my babies are hungry?
biggrin.gif

flyfest1.jpg

flyfest2.jpg

Niiice albos! What is that big red pitchered nepenthes in the bottom of the last photo? Are you the same one who posted the pic of flies in his chamber several months ago
biggrin.gif
? Looks like you got enough neps in there to take on an army of them, so let 'em in
smile_n_32.gif
!

No I'm not the same person who posted the pic of teh flys in the chamber a few months back, but when I saw this I thought of that and immedity ran to get my camera. The largish one on the bottom is a N. merilliana.

I did let them in actually. I opened my chamber and about 20 flies flew in there. hehe..

Wow
which one got the most then?i think we need to see a few close up shots of the albo,s and the Merrilliana
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

well Jess how many flies the neps managed to catch
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Is that because the flies response to heat from your growchamber?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rbjong @ Aug. 24 2005,5:49)]well Jess how many flies the neps managed to catch
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I was checking today and I saw four in one merriliana pictcher, two that I could see in another merriliana. I also saw one in my red albo. And about 3 in one of the larger raff pitchers. I think my miranda has some too but I'm not sure as I couldn't look in the pitcher. But when the flys were in there I saw them gathering on its peristome.

I was thinking that the flys like the heat of the chamber as well. But the garge was rather hot too since i keep all my reef tank chiller (1.5 horsepower) and MH ballasts (two 400watt two 150watt) in the garage. So I'm not sure. How much hotter do flys like it?

If you hear a voice saying "GET OUT" you might want to move. (lets see how many of you get that)

Back