What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A neat picture i like

DCP_1946.jpg

Thats pretty darned impressive for N. merrilliana.

Wow
That is nice,how long has it taken to reach those dimensions?
Bye for now Julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Aug. 26 2005,10:55)]thanks,

are you saying merilliana is normally boring ?
smile_m_32.gif

No. I think he's saying that our merrillianas are more boring than that. For example, I am waiting on hooks for mine to put out a pitcher.

Don't I know you from the pitcher plant forum? Thought someone else had nabbed the pic when I first opened the topic.
smile.gif

Jason

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chesara @ Aug. 27 2005,7:49)]Wow
That is nice,how long has it taken to reach those dimensions?
Bye for now Julian
I got the plant a about a year ago. It was only about 8-10" then. Now its about each leaf is 12-16".

You're right Jason You've probly seen me post this pic a few days ago on pitcher-plants.com. That Jess is this Jess
smile.gif

I wish my merrilliana will look like that...now its just a tiny plant with tiny pitchers
smile_n_32.gif
not so monstreus
smile_m_32.gif

Looks nice Jess! It has come a long way ;>

Tony

Thanks guys, reading my post I just realized how bad my grammar was
smile_h_32.gif
heheh

Tony, It has done great for me one of my strongest growing species pushing pots of other small neps aside to inflate its pitchers. Soon though it will have ample room to grow even larger.

It even manages to catch its own wild ants. One of only two of my plants that I've witnessed do so.

Heres a bad pic of all the ants, theres actually way more in there. but my cam isn't the best ;) .

DCP_1942.jpg

Yah, most N. merrilliana plants are still very young in collections, except for people with older plants in good climates of course. I like mine, but there is no comparison to yours.

Back