What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the most u paid for a rare nepenthes?

Hello,

i paid $150(=€120) for the "hairy" N. hamata and $175(=€140) for N. tenuis.

Cheers,
Dominik

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominik Stadelbauer @ Sep. 06 2005,8:05)]Hello,

Cheers,
Dominik
If you have the money to spend...I can't fault you for those two, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominik Stadelbauer @ Sep. 06 2005,8:05)]Hello,

Cheers,
Dominik
you must post the pics!

Probably too small to post pics, but how in the world did you get the oprotunity to buy one? I would so love a hairy hamata.

There isn't much to look at when they are 1cm in diameter!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 06 2005,9:21)]There isn't much to look at when they are 1cm in diameter!
Have to agree, though the adult is spectacular.
I have said this many times, but I would rather see more pics of well-grown, common plants(like Rainforest's monster N. x Ventrata!) than a 1cm rare plant.
Just MHO.

smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Griffin:

We all must remember that a buyer pays for rarity first then for the size. The main problem  is that sometimes the plant may not be pure species but a natural hybrid and these are difficult to identify especially when they are very small. In other words, it may not be wise to judge true phenotype of a plant until it gets to a certain size

Gus

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Sep. 06 2005,7:24)]  I have said this many times, but I would rather see more pics of well-grown, common plants(like Rainforest's monster N. x Ventrata!) than a 1cm rare plant.

1cm? heck my sib didnt look like much at 10cm across(leaf tip to leaf tip) most don look to interesting untill they are atleast 18-25 cm across IMHO most not until larger than that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Sep. 06 2005,9:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 06 2005,9:21)]There isn't much to look at when they are 1cm in diameter!
Have to agree, though the adult is spectacular.
I have said this many times, but I would rather see more pics of well-grown, common plants(like Rainforest's monster N. x Ventrata!) than a 1cm rare plant.
Just MHO.

smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe
Agreeable, most agreeable indeed.

does anyone think that the briggiana is worth the money? sure it has lowii! but what about the ventricosa!

Well, I admit I got a little competative in the auction, but it beats the $200 that California Carnivores were selling theirs for, lol.
Gus...touche, good point.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Sep. 06 2005,9:39)]The main problem is that sometimes the plant may not be pure species but a natural hybrid and these are difficult to identify especially when they are very small.
Hi,
that`s right, but even a natural hybrid of these wonderful plant needs to be beautiful.
smilie4.gif

Cheers,

Dominik

Hi all:

Yes Dominic, you are right. I think it all depends on the expectations of the potential buyers. Some don't mind, some do.
I like them all, no discriminations.......Unless they are very ugly, but when it comes to nepenthes, to get an ugly plant is a very rare event.

Gus

Back