What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. cuttings

lol

BANNED
Hi. I'm about to get an unrooted cutting of N. hamata. It should be off the growth point. How easy is this species to root? What is the best method for rooting it in my household conditions? Temps are about 70~85F . I will be rooting it inside one of those plastic cubes from botanical wonders. Would soaking the cutting and soil in a superthrive solution help? Please let me know, because I don't want to pay $50 just to lose the darn thing. Thanks.

$50 for an unrooted cutting doesn't sound too fair...

I dont think so either

my understanding is N. hamata isnt to hard to root. i had a 2 and a half foot N. veitchii cutting root without a problem. i really should have cut it into smaller pieces but it did just fine. i also dont think the price is unreasonable for a decent hamata cutting, especially since its not really on the market at the moment

Hmm. Unfair for who, me? I was kinda thinking the same, considering, as it is unrooted, I could lose it. I hate gambling. Guess I'll just pray for it when I get it
smile_n_32.gif
! Yea, veitchii is easy to root. 2.5 feet huh? PM'd you
biggrin.gif

You may want to talk to Elegecko, Capslock, or Gooner, to namedrop a few that have this species. Um.... Tony Paroubek is very knowledegable about Nepenthes.

Back