What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A feast for my neps!

Certainly this has been amongst the best years yet for my Neps catching their own food. Almost all their pitchers are choc-ablock with flies, wasps, moths, earwigs & slugs!! Only those Neps in my closed off part of the house have less, and of course thats because the food can't get in.
smile_m_32.gif

The most sucessful fly catchers are the yellow coloured Neps I find.. Might explain why my S. flava CV maxima is full to bursting >;-D

cheers

bill

here is my ampullaria with a fly but nothing compared to all the flies that my copelandii got.  i say about a dozen!  and it still was catching more!

N.%20Ampullaria%203.jpg

N.%20Copelandii%204.jpg

We're having a very extended drought here in Sydney (well I'm thinking it's more like climate change) which has meant the insect population is very thin on the ground. So the plants aren't catching more than ants. The converse is that at least my Neps won't get eaten alive by caterpillars like they have in past years.

As well as climate change, I believe there are instances of weather manipulation. Oops, wrong topic
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Sep. 01 2005,10:45)]the pics are good for viewing!
Perhaps for you (the images are probably in your computer cache), but for the rest of us they do not appear. Read what Tony said in another thread:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no image there. Just the tiny white box with a big red X on it.

You can not post a picture from MSN. You can put a link to the photo to view on the MSN website only.

I am betting that you see the picture instead of the error box because the picture is in your computer's cache memory. So it inserts it where it should be. For everyone else though they don't see the picture.

now they are, again (but for how long?)

834N_Copelandii_4_1_-med.jpg

834N_Ampullaria_3_1_-med.jpg

That's sweet
cool.gif

I always love seeing CPs catch their own food. Makes me feel like I'm part of a nature show! Haha!

Back