What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copelandii

how about a cutting?
smile_m_32.gif

In due time. I first want to sex each plant, and use them in breeding to make HYBRIDS. I have a few things that I'd like to make. I am aiming for something like a Rokko (N. thorelii x copelandii Pasian) and perhaps get a more vigorous Rokko to make multi type hybrids.

M

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Sep. 30 2005,9:18)]how about a cutting?
smile_m_32.gif
If you're going to beg for plants please do it via private message.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Oct. 02 2005,11:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Sep. 30 2005,9:18)]how about a cutting?
smile_m_32.gif
If you're going to beg for plants please do it via private message.
lol
smile_n_32.gif

I guess Borneo Exotics might be a good place to start, since Rob went to Mt. Pasian AFAIK.
Volker
PS: Who reelvated N. copelandii to species status? In the CP Database (Schlauer) it is still listed as a synonym of N. alata.

MIne from Mt. Apo ( non bulbous ) is really easy....I think that it likes also shading conditions!
I will experiment this winter.
And one thing that I also like is that it has a very sticky digestive liquid inside! Never tried to play with it on your fingers? ahahha
See yah!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

you should try full sun like me! just look!
834N_Copelandii_2_1_-med.jpg

834N_Copelandii_3_1_-med.jpg

ahaha!
Look! I have not told you that I keep the plant in shading condition! I just told that Copelandii also tollerates shading conditions! My plants seems to be in better form than yours! ;)
BYEEEEE

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

lol!
laugh.gif
this is a older pic of it now. the new pic if of it now shows it having tendrils on evey leaf! each time it outs out every leaf it get waxier and more hardier. but on hotter days mine will tolerate it better than yours because mines also gets about 20% humidity and wind.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
sounds familiar? or should i say it a little softer so yours cant hear it?
smile_m_32.gif

Let me vote ;)

Tonyc 1st place
Paroubek 2nd place
Srduggins 3rd place
AaronJ 4th place
MrAga, rainforestguy and fc3srx713b shared 5th (Couldnt decide  
smile_m_32.gif
)

Uh! Oh! Mr. Aga, that might be a hybrid. The upper pitchers are invariably infundibular and not as elongated as on your plant IMO. That's the problem with seed-raised plants, Hybrids do sometimes appear. Next time we meet I'll give you another to try - you certainly know how to grow them!

The Pasian form is bulbous at the base as Michael has pointed out and the uppers are slightly different also. Both are vigorous easy forms but the Pasian one is far rarer in cultivation and very probably extinct in the wild now.

Uh!! Dear Mr. Borneo!
smile.gif

So..mine is a little unluck! Anyway thanks for the extra plant next time we will meet again in some Meetings...
I wanted to show you the photos posted here in Praga after have bought the plant from you in Lyon Meeting. I forgot to take it with me.
Anyway,even now that I have realized that I did not grow a true Nep. Copelandii, I have certainly raised my experiences with Nepenthes and I will be ready to grow the true Copelandii in the near future.
In some months I will make cuttings from it and I will not make the misstake to give em out as pure Copelandii, in order not to create confusion around nepenthes cultivation!
smile.gif

Anyway Robert,you are great... I will walk around in Italy with your original Borneo Exotics T- Shirt!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Borneo @ Oct. 04 2005,9:45)]The Pasian form is bulbous at the base as Michael has pointed out and the uppers are slightly different also.  Both are vigorous easy forms but the Pasian one is far rarer in cultivation and very probably extinct in the wild now.
This is very sad to hear. What has led this form to become extinct in the wild? Habitat loss? Over-collection?

Michael.

Habitat destruction due to logging.

Mt. Pasian is in the middle of a huge logging concession called 'Picop Forestry'. When I was last there in 1996 you needed special papers and to pass 3 armed border posts to get in.  Aircraft are not allowed to overfly the area in case the extent of the logging becomes public.  The colony of N. copelandii was very fragile at that time and I would expect it is now gone as the extent of the ongoing habitat destruction was appalling. Ditto the Pasian highland N. truncata which is from the same mountain although it has a wider distribution than N. copelandii in that area.

is this for the bulbus form of the copelandii?

Back