What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Known clone sex

• Thread starter osmosisuk
  • Start date
It seems like it would be a good idea to start a list somewhere of the known sexes of any commercially available TC clones.

Any thoughts?

Hey OsmosisUK, you sound like my double.

So far,
N. Miranda has been males (four clones and counting)
N. Gentle are males
N. Ventrata (DeRoos) female, but maybe infertile
N. ventricosa Agristart female
N. rafflesiana Agristart male
N. Coccinea DeRoos (they have several clones tho) male
N. Red Leopard EP male
N. truncata Agristart male

What a disappointment. Do you work for an ad agency osmosisuk? That topic title sure is some misleading advertising.

You thought you were going to get that kind of satisfaction from a Nepenthes?
Well, I can imagine a few possibilities, maybe with the help of a Pinguicula, but I'm not going to elaborate.
smile.gif

Seriously though, surely at least some of Wistuba/ BE or ME clones have flowered by now?

I can add that the inermis from Wistuba I have is a female. Also, the true N. x dyeriana (the original Victorian hybrid) is a male. I have no other Wistuba clones big enough to flower yet. Possibly N. mira. My mira Borneo clone is a male. You might also check rooted cuttings floating around from Exotica. I have some known sexes that originated from Exotica as rooted cuttings. For example veitchii B is a male. But that may not mean that every veitchii B is a male though. Could get kind of tricky with all of the variations out there.

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

Back