What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh crap

lol

BANNED
You know that big, male miranda like hybrid that I have and said was flowering? Guess how surprised I was when looking at its ever lengthening flower spike, I noticed just one leaf later, on the same stem, ANOTHER flower is popping up! Should I attribute this to the fact that this growth point is so close to 500 watts of compact flourecent bulbs, or because I frequently feed my plants with milk and sugar solutions? And I'll ask again, anybody want pollen? Got PLENTY to go around
smile_m_32.gif

Some Neps, in particular hybrids, have a tendency to do that, sometimes throwing out 3 flower spikes in rapid succession.

Miranda is in bloom high. Two is nothing. Wait until you have five in various succession on each node, one after the next.

M

Hi,
yeah dont know why it sends up so much flowers, and so much pollen on each! Is this a waste of energy? should they be cut off when young?
... because I was told miranda was 'firing blanks' and I was hoping miranda had several clones, or the plant I had was not a miranda!
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=20806
so if they arent fertile, should they be cut off?
Thanks

Our Miranda plants start flowering now and go on until Dec., and they go 3, 4 even five spikes per vine.

Back