What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. insignis

i have an insignis and the tendrils look somewhat promising to produce pitchers but i heard that this is a very very picky nepenthes when it comes to conditions!

This species is a true lowlander, so hot humid conditions are the way to go. I grow mine as a highlander, and growth is slow. In winter in an unheated greenhouse, the growing tips will almost die back, and not resume until mid-spring. Really a species for a heated, lowland house.

i have mine as a windowsill plant along with my ampullaria, rafflesiana, merrilliana x, andalbomarginata.... it still hasnt produced any pitchers yet but will pm or reply to this thread if i get it to pitcher!

I got mine, (and the one I gave Santos), as cuttings. I rooted them in the garden window and they pitchered for me there, but grew slowly. I just repotted them so they are probably adjusting to that. They also pitchered during the warm summer months. I recently moved mine into my lowland greenhouse based on stuff I've read recently.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 14 2005,10:16)]I got mine, (and the one I gave Santos), as cuttings.
thanks for the insinis again steve! it really has good foliage though! i hope it pitchers soon!

BTW here are some pic of the insignis you traded me steve! look @ the long leaves. but no pitchers yet. im growing this as a windowsill plant. thats how steve had his.

834N_Insignis_2.jpg

834N_Insignis_1.jpg

Back