What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loving my new hybrids

Hey guys. Quick note on spath x spec. I got one from Tony a couple years ago. here's the secret.
I never water it! I ignore it completely! The soil is completely bone dry! Nothing could possibly grow in those conditions. It's probably 5' tall with basal shoots, and node shoots. It's freaking out!

my 2 cents.

smile.gif

Tony,
My plant looks fine. I wasn't really alarmed that the pitchers were drying out, just commenting that since it is the only one that happened to, maybe it is a little more fussy than the other. The thinner pitcher walls explains it very well. I'm still loving my new plants!!!

Robin,
Surely it must get water from somewhere, or are you suggesting I grow mine like a cactus too. I'll try to water it less. And you ignore it completely. No, "Good evening, it's nice to see you again", or "My, you look lovely tonight".

steve, dont you grow all ur nepenthes like cactii?
smile_l_32.gif
lol

srduggins
Hehe!
yep ignore it completely! no nice words, no sympathy! I may water it if I remember every 2 weeks or so. When I do you can see dust puff up from the soil being so dry. It's outgrowing my chamber! I'm gonna chop it in half. Should really take off then! not all neps apprecciate this kind of treatment. most of my neps are pampered and spoon fed.

smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 14 2005,10:25)]Hey Capslock, since these are all seed grown plants, maybe we can make an f2 hybrid. My neighbor has one as well and I think his is male. Has yours bloomed yet?
yeah im gonna get one too on thursday.  guess where i got mine from capslock?  i hope i got the last one but there may be a few...
smile_l_32.gif

yeah steve and capslock lets do that! i hope we get diff sexes and now if its three of us then we have a better chance that theres one male two females or one female and two males

Back