What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think will be a good hybrid?

i think a good hybrid someone should make is N. Lowii x Sibuyanensis or N. Merrilliana x Rajah!

or what do you think everybody?

hamata with villosa should be a wicked toothed monster that is fairly easy to grow

lowii and hamata just cause i like lowii hybrids and want to see what happens, could backfire horribly though

actually its going to take serious planning to out do what we already have for hybrids. be very selective on what clones of what species you use ect

As far as teeth go, and ease of cultivation, I would advocate the following:

N. hamata x sibuyanensis
N. hamata x rafflesiana giant (this would be awesome, and should have really good teeth)
N. hamata x ovata
N. hamata x diatas
N. hamata x lowii (lowers should have good teeth)

and

N. rafflesiana giant x truncata

yeah i wanna see more hamata hybrid, lol:cool:

I like odd peristomes so I think someone needs to make a jaq x platychilla hybrid.

I like 'Predator' and I would love to see the reciprical as well as some F2 crosses from it.

Not sure why but I think a vietchii x sumatrana would be nice too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Sep. 14 2005,7:47)]I think someone needs to make a jaq x platychilla hybrid.
i dont think the lowers would be nice because the peristome on lower pitchers for paltychilla are not flared like the upppers. but i would like to see the uppers on the jaq x platychilla

N.hamata x veitchii -teeth and wide peristome?
N.hamata x rajah

ventricosa x burkei
smile_n_32.gif

no but northiana x truncata

hamata x (hamata x veitchii) as the hamata teeth seem pretty recessive.

I like the N. merrilliana x rajah idea as xAlisaputrana (rajah x burbidgeae) is awesome.

I would like to see greater availability of some of the awesome looking natural hybrids like xTrusmadiensis (macrophylla x lowii), xKinabuluensis (villosa x rajah) and the previously mentioned xAlisaputrana.

northiana x rajah

would grow in a wide range of conditions and produce huge colorful pitchers.

a great one will that edwardsiana with the villosa or even hamata with one of thoes

N. edwardsiana x villosa (N. xharryana) looks like a slightly less impressive version of N. villosa in my opinion.

really
smile_h_32.gif
what about hamata with either a edwardsiana or a villosa?

anything crossed with villosa would still be more difficult than I care to deal with. Maybe rafflesiana x villosa...

maxima X villosa or X ventrataxvillosa would be fantastic. and it may grow faster because of the maxima and ventrata backgrounds

Gus

macrophylla x ampullaria red form
A carpet of smaller pitchers with teeth would always be nice

edwardsiana x ventricosa dark red
An easy to grow red toothed pitcher

macrophylla x Predator
why not? Predator is inter-low and crossed to a wide red toothed form would make interesting inter-climate forms.

But I'm not into the toothed stuff, more interesting form.

N. argentii x ampullaria red
N. ampullaria red x hamata
N. ampullaria red x burbidgeae

M

I think a good hybrid will be N.mirabilis echinostoma x N.villosa. Moreover between a highland and lowland species. See the imaginery photo
smile_k_ani_32.gif

mypictures.jpg

I would like to see N. rajah x veitchii, or even N. ventricosa 'red' x veitchii, or just about anything x veitchii.

Abusing photoshop I see
smile_n_32.gif
!

Back