What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My livida has a stalk!!!

Today I noticed this little teeny stalk emerging from my clump of U. livida. The funny thing is that my Cape Dew is also sending up a stalk (cept I cut it off). I'll try to get a pic when it opens. It's just in time for Christmas, I guess!

-Ben

Well, once again today, I noticed another stalk. I will surely get some pics this weekend.

-Ben

Alright, here's a pic:

livida_stalk.jpg

-Ben

Very nice. Don't you love it when utrics begin to bloom?!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Dec. 27 2005,12:17)]Don't you love it when utrics begin to bloom?!!

Yup. And, here's another pic of the stalks that I just took now!!(It now has a 3rd stalk coming up!):

livida_stalk3.jpg

I think the tallest one will open soon.

-Ben

You can look forward for many more to come!

Funny you should say that, since my plant seems to be sending up a new stalk every day!

-Ben

All right, the time has come. My livida's flower opened today!!!!!! It has a million stalks coming up, and hopefully the pretty little flowers will last long.

Here's the un-opened bud last night:

lividabud2.jpg

And here is the flower:

livida_flower1.jpg

livida_flower2.jpg

livida_flower3.jpg

I think maybe it is the 'white' variety, but we will have to see.

-Ben

I think mine might be close to flowering as well...

z0146gs.jpg

I can't remember... did you get your U. livida from me? If so, it's not all-white. There is some purple in it, which develops best in bright sunlight.

I did, but I think you are asking D36. It also comes out under lights as well. Normally for me the flowers open white but color up in a day or 2.

No, I didn't get mine from you. I got it from Cook's. I got it when it was about a 1"x1" plug. Here's a new pic I just took today:

livida7web.jpg

The flowers seem to get a slight tint of purple with age, and they last long! That first flower is still there.

-Ben

Back