What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia calycifida

• Thread starter Drosera36
  • Start date
Hi everyone. Well, I now I have another ten gallon tank I would like to fill up, and I've decided to concentrate on mainly terrestrial utrics. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Utricularia calycifida? What would be a good growing medium? Peat and sand? Does it like flooding? Is it as easy to grow as U. livida?

Many thanks,
-Ben

I have mine in a 10 gallon tank in peat/sand mix about 12 inches under two 32 watts cool white tubes. I do flood it all the time and it flowers fairly easily for me.

Also, how large of a pot would it require? And would two 42 watt compacts be ok for it?

Many thanks,
-Ben

calycifida is one of the few common terrestrial Utrics that i think really does need atleas a 3 inch pot to do well as it likes to have room. other than that no special conditions. i grow them in anything from pure peat to pure LFS and it looks like you have enough light

Ok, thanks. I was wondering if anyone had a small plug of this plant that I could have? The most I could trade is a small clump of U. livida. Though, I suppose you could look at my growlist, and I might be able to trade off some other plants.

Many thanks,
-Ben

There is a guy on ebay that sells some fairly regularly.
rareplantman - I am pretty sure that is id

Back