What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. hummboldtii flowers

Here are a few photo of my U. hummboldtii that is in flower.

4124add0.jpg

c8287427.jpg

32095ceb.jpg

8ea8aec4.jpg

fcf03f4b.jpg

2006-1-27_U_humboldtii_028.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Thats very nice Jeremiah!

Jerry

What conditions do you have it in?

Cole

Wow beautiful! Are you sure it's U.humboldtii though? It looks like U.nelumbifolia!

Best Wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia

My first thought was U. nelumbifolia as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fernando Rivadavia @ Jan. 29 2006,3:44)]Are you sure it's U.humboldtii though? It looks like U.nelumbifolia!
Would not a photo of the "leaves" be a good diagnostic distinguishing the two?

Jerimiah- are the rumors true that these bladderwort's bladders can get 1/4 inch long?? from some people i have heard an inch others i have heard they are the size of other species.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Jan. 31 2006,3:05)]Jerimiah- are the rumors true that these bladderwort's bladders can get 1/4 inch long?? from some people i have heard an inch others i have heard they are the size of other species.
It isn't U. humboldtii so the bladders will not be terribly large.

Congratulations on the frutition of your skills of a utricularia cultivator!

The flower color varies from pinkish to purplish from picture to picture. Which is the more accurate?

Peter

Hello,

Thanks for your help in identifying it, so on a scale of one to ten how sure are you that it is U. nelumbifolia? I got this plant from Henning's place this past summer so I will let him know.

The first photos are with the sunlight behind the flowers so that makes them a little lighter in color. I would say in actuality they are the more purple in color all though they true lighter as they age.

-Jeremiah-

On the flower alone 8 out of 10. With a brief description of the leaves or a photo of them a definite ID will be very easy.

Sounds good I will post a photo of them tomorrow. They are completely round with no slit.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

In that case 10 out of 10 U. nelumbifolia. The leaves will be completely circular with the petiole attached directly beneath in the middle.

To make life simple, here is a photo of nelumbifolia

nelumbifolia%20with%20gnat%20swimming%202%20close%20up.jpg

Back