What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now to snub all the U. longifolia pics

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Breaking out the heavy guns here just to put all you longifolia people to shame
smile_n_32.gif

U. 'Jitka' on 5/10

'Jitka'%20051006%20macro%202.JPG

'Jitka'%20051006%20macro%201.JPG

And 3 days later after it opened fully

'Jitka'%20bloom%204%20051306.JPG

'Jitka'%20bloom%20three%20quarter%201%20051306.JPG

'Jitka'%20bloom%20profile%201%20051306.JPG

Also U. asplundii

asplundii%20051006%201.JPG

asplundii%20bloom%201%20051306.JPG

And in a few more weeks I will have praetermissa, asplundii Duida, alpina, alpina Henry Pietter clone 1 and nephrophylla.

So there
smile_n_32.gif

VERY nicely done. i need to get my asplundii to bloom

Yes, very nice indeed. Can you explain the origin of U. 'Jitka'? I'm assuming it is a hybrid, but who are the parents?

Man I want your camera!
biggrin.gif

That's wonderful! Congrats to the great growing plants,and the beautiful pictures.
Andrew

Very cool! I don't suppose U. dichotoma really counts in this category... (I have one flowering now)

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ May 16 2006,11:41)]Yes, very nice indeed. Can you explain the origin of U. 'Jitka'? I'm assuming it is a hybrid, but who are the parents?
Hey Sean,

Yes, 'Jitka' is a hybrid. U. praetrmissa x quelchii made by Miloslav Studnika (not sure I spelled that right). You can find the cultivar description on the ICPS site but the simple end of the equation is that in foliage it looks like praetermissa but the bloom is a dead give away that it is hybrid.

Very easy grower under my conditions (takes more after the praetermissa parent in that regaurd). I have already divided it 3 times and even have one mounted on a cork slab.

You have a Utric mounted on a cork slab?  How so?  Picture please.  Pretty please!!  I need to do something with mine they are looking pitiful.  Time to repot to salvage then repot for viewing. Awsome flowers too Pyro!!!

Josh,

Nothing terribly special about the cork mounting. I took a cork slab and "affixed" a bunch of live sphag by using a bunch of fishing twine, wrapped it around about once every 1-2cm. I let that mellow for a month or so just to let the moss grow a little then I took on of my plants and lifted it free from the pot (easy to do since they only really like to grow in the top 2-3cm of sphag). I placed that on the established moss and again used fishing twine to hold it down. That was about a month ago and I am getting new growth as of yesterday. Really it was just an experiment for giggles.

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...beautiful! I love that asplundii. NICE!

Right on! Very cool photo's.

-Homer

Back