What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some flower pics

Not the best quality, but it sure is pretty.

dichotomaflower1web.jpg

dichotomaflower2web.jpg

dichotomaflower3_crop2.jpg

-Ben

very nice, dont remember if i ever got this species to bloom but for some reason it sticks in my ming that this species had large traps compared to other similar sized terrestrials

One year I took the plastic cup with my U. dichotoma and plopped the mass out of it. I took it outside and put it under water in the Sarracenia pool, in dappeled sunlight. Within 2 weeks I had about 30 scapes appear (indoors I had 5 tops)! It spread like an ugly rumor too. I was nice seeing it flower en masse like that!

The flowers are so beautiful, and in this species so varied in form and color! The one I know best is the one shown in the photo above. Most wanted was the white flowered form but I never could germinate the seed I got.

Thanks for the photo's!

Good job, Ben!

Thanks, guys! The other forms I am getting are U. monanthos "Stewart Island, NZ", U. monanthos "Queenstown, Tasmania", and U. novae-zealandiae. Eventually, I also hope to get U. uniflora. I like to call these plants the "U. dichotoma complex."
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

do you want uniflora also? im about 95% sure ive got it, if not its something quite similar.

Sure, why not. I'm trying to collect as many varieties as possible.

-Ben

sounds good, never saw the point of shipping just one plug
smile_n_32.gif
will send it out in the morning with the novae-zealandiae

Back