What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

even though you cant see me.................

im doing back flips and a victory dance!!!

a package showed up today, in it are two very cool Utrics, one ive been looking for and the other i didnt think i would get my hands on in 10 years. i now have U. geminiloba and U. jamesoniana!! granted they dont look like much yet but pictures will be posted tonight!!

Awesome dude! Congratulations on your new aquisitions.

ditto! i took a look at some of the pics on other places. nice looking flowers! OH i get it! U. geminiloba has two lobes! gemini + lobes =twin lobes.
Alex

Why would they name it that? I thought almost all Utricularia have two calyx lobes.

I say re-instate the Polypompholyx genus! Not only do they have 4 lobes, but it's so much fun to say!

so uh where are the pics? its night time!
smile_n_32.gif

sorry work was bad yesterday and i was here for 12 hours, i went home and died. here are the pics though, i took them this morning.

jamesoniana
IMG_0189.jpg

geminiloba
IMG_0190.jpg

and heres another i recieved a month or so ago as seed. its the Henry Pittier clone of U. alpina
IMG_0185.jpg

here is the mother plant
alpina_Henry_Pietter_1_071106_whole.jpg

i think ive got a ways to go
confused.gif

Oh man! The U. alpina is awesome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 28 2006,10:49)]Oh man! The U. alpina is awesome!
Thank you
smile.gif

Although I must say I got the angle wrong so you can not really see how the leaves are totally different in shape than the typical form

lol yeh, wish mine was that big.....................im told year ols seedlings are about livida size............ive got a heck of a wait ahead of me
smile_n_32.gif

Where is the drooling imoticon! I hope to acuire one of those and others with large flowers!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Sep. 28 2006,11:04)]lol yeh, wish mine was that big.....................im told year ols seedlings are about livida size............ive got a heck of a wait ahead of me
smile_n_32.gif
Yeah but I did qualify that that was for me under my conditions.

Your conditions might be different and the seedlings might grow faster.
smile.gif

I know that nelumbifolia from seed took 2 years to reach the same size as my established plant yet another grower I know had a blooming plant from seed in 1 year.

Back