What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well this is just rude......................

i checked out my U. humboldtii pot last night only had the thing for 3 months and already its looking for greener pastures. there are 3 or 4 adventurous stolons heading out in a couple directions. mostly twords the reniformis pot. dang thing has bad manners, trying to invade its neighbors. will get some pics tonight.......... and i though sandersonii and aureomaculata were bad when they head out but im going to have to clear a space dang near a foot out from its pot to keep it contained.

wow... i would say its happy more than rude
Alex

yeah but try to tell that to my poor reniformis thats having its personal bubble invaded

My U. humboldtii does the same thing. I just redirect the growth back down into it's own pot and everyone is happy.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Oct. 20 2006,1:35)]My U. humboldtii does the same thing. I just redirect the growth back down into it's own pot and everyone is happy.
biggrin.gif
mines currently in a 5x9 inch pot............tack on stolons on the edge that are reaching out 6 inches.................your method wont work, already tried
smile_n_32.gif
not sure what im going to do, was planning on trying some lollon cuttings, maybe ill just direct the stollons into the LFS slurry for the cuttings

My nelumbifolia is equally rude. I usually have a few 2" rounds preped with live/LFS sitting around it. Whenever an aerial gets long enough I just plug it in and let it go. I still miss one now and then though, which is why my D. regia has a "friend" cohabitating with it.

he he he Don't you just love these happy plants! They want to spread their joy!

Back