What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue & White!!!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
In my closet setup for the winter, under artificial lighting, both U. sandersonii white & blue sent up flower scapes. White was first and produced this flower:

IMG_0290.jpg

On that same stalk, another flower developed. At the same time, a scape initiated on the blue colony. It looked to me that they would both open flowers at roughly the same time. As it turned out, they opened last Saturday and on Wednesday I got t;ogether with my camera buddy and took a bunch of pictures. Here's the best of the lot:

Blue:
IMG_0022.jpg

Blue & White:

IMG_0030-1.jpg

Notice that blue has thicker ears and a wider skirt than white.

dammit Jim, now what am i going to tease you anout ??? :censor:

CONGRATS! :hail:

yaaay Jim!! :boogie:

dammit Jim, now what am i going to tease you anout ??? :censor:

CONGRATS! :hail:

Thanks guys! Don't worry, I have my cp struggles - mainly keeping minibog plants outside and sprouting Drosphyllum and Ibicella.

Jimscott, both of them are under the same conditions right? What are your temperatures like? The white form flowers for me like mad throughout the year, especially when it is more sunny. The blue seems to dislike the heat. ???

They are both in the same conditions, temps around 21 C, in a closet, open tray, 30 W fluorescent light, adding water every couple of weeks.

Thanks, Jimscott. Both of mine are at my balcony with temperatures in the 80s...day and night.

I'm not sure what makes the blue version tick, but decent lighting, ebb & flow of water level, and stability of conditions seem to work.

Back