What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia sandersonii (blue form)

The only Utricularia that ever flowered for me.
U_sandersonii_1_crop.jpg

U_sandersonii_2_crop.jpg

U_sandersonii_3_crop.jpg

U_sandersonii_4_crop.jpg

Wow--Beautiful Photo's!

Great job!

The only Utricularia that ever flowered for me.

You realize of course that this species / blue form is a bit of a challenge to most of us and there's a whole mess of utrics that will flower much more easily. Must be a Singapore thing! Just like D. capensis is a weed, here, and a challenge where you are.

Well, I do not know why this plug is doing well for me. Our fellow forumers in Singapore are still trying to get this to flower! Must be the air-conditioning that I give this fellow!

Guqin, do you top up the water only occasionally? Because the light, temperature amd humidity remain quite constant i.e. no change in season for you right?

I flood it with water to cover all the lolons. Then I let the water level go down. I only top up when the lolons are exposed. The clump is so thick with lolons and bladders, that there is hardly any medium left in the container!

Perhaps the compacting is another reason why they are flowering non-stop. I read somewhere that the lolons need to "feel" the wall of the container before the Utric flowers. Anyway, I am now going to let the clump dry out a bit before flooding.

That should be ok. Good luck.

Back