What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. aurea - Some pics to share

Cindy

Staff member
The bladders for this species is quite big and the leaves are nice looking...compared to U. gibba at least. :lol:

The bladders.
aurea.jpg

I was watching this snail very closely. Kinda worried it'll get sucked in.
aurea2.jpg

But basically, it went round the circumference of the bladder. Btw, Snail Junior is slightly larger than a fullstop. I could only see a black dot moving and it was with the camera that I could tell it was a baby snail!
aurea1.jpg

This bladder sucked in air!
aurea4.jpg

These are great shots! What's the size of your tank for this beauty?

That's a great picture of the air bubble that got sucked in! Do you grow them inside or out?

xvart.

Michael, I chucked them into the 1 foot by half a foot tray which holds my VFTs and D. binata pots. They go into the space between the pots. Not every strand has bladders though. I picked this strand out specifically for photos.

Xvart, the bladder must have sucked in the air when I removed the plant from the tray for the photos. Hehe.

Very cool shots!

Excellent pictures!

Well Cindy--you have got one magic watering tray--I think I need to get myself one of those... Well Done!

Back