What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot o Genlisea

Here's my big clump of an unknown Genlisea.

CIMG4139.jpg

CIMG4140.jpg

You know, that's nice to see. This is really an underrated plant and despite them being available and easy to grow, you just don't see them often. Way cooler than Utrics, imo!

Well I am getting seed hope do well with them :D

Was that a clump you received or did they all come from seed? They look great. Although there is nothing inherently "awesome" visually about Genlisea I agree with Clint's assessment. Although sometimes I get sick of the few I have because one of them has made this flower stalk that is probably 14 inches long wrapped around and all over my pots. I'm sure it's going to sprout some other Genlisea all over creation!

xvart.

Based on appearance I would say it is either violacea or the violacea x lobata hybrid. Has it bloomed for you? That would cinch it as to ID.

Pretty,I have a unknown urtic I use as ground cover all I know is it is one of the ones I got from pyro awhile back..... I hope it blooms sometime.

I did not grow them from seed but the clump wasnt as big and the plants were still young.

It hasnt flowered yet but i hope it will soon.

Back