What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zombie utric?

Is this a utric leaf that has popped up in one of my nep pots?

DSCN0008.jpg

If so, I think that's pretty funny...because I haven't owned a single utric in two years.
Hmm didn't notice that nep seed to the left either. Yay for macro.

(I think this is my first post ever in the utric section lol)

(I think this is my first post ever in the utric section lol)

lol. When I saw the author of this thread in the Utricularia forum I almost died.

xvart.

COuld easily be subulata. Notorious for being an interloper.

Thanks. Guess I'll leave it for now and see what happens

I was ina CP nursery awhile ago man every pot had a urtic or capensis :D
Not my 2 cps I got though :)

nope! not a utric leaf! i see faint hairs on the bottom half of it...indicating a weed :)

I'll save you the suspense: in six months it'll be everywhere
Ha, we'll see about that. I've killed every utric and drosera (including multiple capensis) I've ever owned in less than 6 months.

I just checked and it does seem to have little white hairs on it, and now it seems to be bifurcating/growing another leaf at the part where the white meets the green. Zombie monocot? Maybe its corn lol.

Got any bird feeders around your place??

haha i just joined your boat.
i found random Utrics in my pot of Nidiformis from JB.
just kinda popped up
i noticed em before, just passed em off as a weed or something.
then i noticed that creepa was talking about the same thing i had seen in my pots.
turns out they are U. Sandersonii or U. Livida xD
not sure what that is in your pic though. looks utric-like. but idk

If its really a utric you could play with the soil around it and see if there's bladders. The utric will be tough enough to survive.

bladders arent a definate tell tail sign......plenty of Utrics especially when small dont produce much of any bladders

I think my neighbors have (or had) one. However, it hangs in the front of their house, and my peat/that pot has never been outside.

Back