What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magical wonders in my U. dichotoma pot

As the title states, there are many magical (not really, Lol) in my pot of U. dichotoma.

First of all, is this a seed pod? If so, do U.dichotoma self set? I thought it was going to bloom, but it didn't.
SN850829.jpg

Second of all, why is this flower different than the others that bloomed? This one's white and pointy end.
SN850825.jpg

SN850839.jpg

Third of all, I found this little hitch-hiker! Could this be D. capensis? If it is, it's true, they're a weed. XD
SN850834.jpg

And four of all...is this just a little clump of weed?
SN850837.jpg

And fifth of all, is this live spahgnum or does it have something to do with the mystery flower? Sorry for the blurriness in this pic.
SN850841.jpg

looks like a seed pod

looks like U. livida

cant tell...but most likely

weed

and weed :)

hope that helps some!

Alex

looks like a seed pod

looks like U. livida

cant tell...but most likely

weed

and weed :)

hope that helps some!

Alex

Thanks glider :D. I sure hope it's another species. It would look cool when they both bloom.

looks like U. livida

No, U. livida had a round, broad bottom that's a bit purple.

*GASP* I found another sundew on it! It's a lot smaller than the other, but has more growth. Not going to bother getting a pic becuase it's hard to even get it on the pic. Same leaf structure.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4th pic down is a capensis.
My hitchiker capensis' first leaves looked the same way when it was small.

Hmmm... U. dichotoma should have a purple flower, like this:

IMG_0010-1.jpg

U. livida looks like this:

IMG_0085.jpg

Hmmm... U. dichotoma should have a purple flower, like this:

IMG_0010-1.jpg

It did have flowers like that, except they were itty-bitty and not as purple. Maybe it's a U. amethystina? I noticed that the part that it going outwards went down a bit.

U.amethystina%20white.jpg

its either livida(which can be variable) or bisquamata.

and if that is a picture of your dichotoma....thats not it. however i dont really know what yours may be.

Alex

its either livida(which can be variable) or bisquamata.

and if that is a picture of your dichotoma....thats not it. however i dont really know what yours may be.

Alex

No, it's not bisquamata. I and still don't think it's U. livida, but the white one isn't a picutre of my U. dichotoma, that's a U. amethystina its the closest thing I could find.

No, it's not bisquamata. .

looks like the small, weedy form of bisquamata to me, albeit very pale. the top lip is distinctive. looks like one of its thin leaves in the next photo top left

your 4th query is landlocked Azolla (fairy fern)

5th looks like a sandwort/pearlwort type plant (Caryophyllaceae), not a moss, a weed which can take over...

Back