What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ID's in question

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
The first was a plug of moss I planted for my little girl, but I do not remember where it came from. I thought it was only moss - imagine my surprise when these leaves popped out. A genlisea or a utric? type?

IMG_0419.jpg

The second came to me as nelumbifolia, but the more I read the more I question this. Sorry no flowers, yet.

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

Without flowers, I think it's hard to say... but the first one looks like U. sandersonii to me... the second one I think looks a little like U. dichotoma, but not exactly what mine looks like...

I agree, flowers would make it easier but the first is probably livida or sandersonii. The second definitely is not nelumbifolia. Could be dichotoma, could be graminifolia, could be any of a number of other small terrestrial types.

would have to say bout half the terrestrial Utrics in cultivation have lollons that look like the last 3 pics :grin:

the first is likely sandersonii but its rather small yet to tell....have seen small tricolor that look similar......

....have seen small tricolor that look similar......

I agree, it looks similar to tricolor. It also looks similar to my U. Microcalyx, but it (the microcalyx) may be mislabeled.

Back