What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.Sandersonii

Ok I got 2 U.Sandersonii in the mail today, but I have failed with these twice. I had U.Sabulata but it never grew. So, how do I get these off to a flying start? Should I take off the flowers? I have no grow lights/humidifier or any expert equipment. All I have is 2 trays of spahgnum moss in a propagator to attemp to revive it. Anyway, The U.San is tiny, I'll post some pics later. I put one in a pot filled 4 fiths with Sphagnum moss peat mixed with perlite, added a layer of wet Sphagnum moss, then topped it with the moss peat mix. With the other one, I just potted it in moss peat and perlie. They are in a tray of water in the kitchen at the moment.

I would put "plugs" in a pot, room temp, and saturated. Window sill light is fine for dealing with freshly shipped plants. Then just wait for them to recover and spread.

Here they are
DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

P.S, sorry about the blury pics

Bunny ears! I can top your blurry pics with an old one from 4 years ago!

U.jpg

Aaaaah. Thats because yours are well looked after. Myne will probably never get to that size :(

I was brand new to the hobby and had no idea what I was doing with utrics. The window sill, open tray, was all that I needed.

Back