What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rotted off or did it just decide that was the time it was going dormant? sorry.....asplundii is one of my all time frustrating species......SOB would go dormant at a drop of a hat.......couple times a year......

i have never flowered my reniformis and maybe a cool dry winter would get me that, but i wouldnt wait for it to tell me it was going dormant i would just gradually reduce water levels and dropping temps.....but like i said, ive never seen mine go truly dormant, just periods where growth slows but doesnt really stop.....but im growing in a basement with no seasonal clues either.....

It was going strong.

It wasn't too much of a loss because I can still see the tubers through the pot (it's clear and it's got holes everywhere).

Yeah, I read an ICPS article online that said you can give the reniformis the cold dry treatment, and then all of a sudden heat them up a little and give them fertilizer! Mine's basically stopped growing, since it's been outside.

I'm gonna use some maxsea fertilizer, like I did during the summer.

By the way, my geminiloba got frozen. :( Rrrrr....

There might be one healthy stolon left, and I can always get a new one. I'm also getting 2 forms of U. striatula this spring.

I guess I'll let mine dry a little too.
thanks for the advice you guys.

Back