What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifollia living to its name

This U. longifolia was from a root that poked from the bottom of its pot. You can see that it found this water tray to be right up its alley:

02-07-2009-ulongifolia.jpg

Neat. Hope you get some flowers soon!

Nice plant! How long are the leaves? My mother plant has ones that are just over a foot long

One of my smaller plants is flowering; maybe I'll post pics.

Nice plant! How long are the leaves? My mother plant has ones that are just over a foot long

One of my smaller plants is flowering; maybe I'll post pics.

I would say that the longest leaves are about 8" or so.

that isnt long......seen photos of wild specimens with 3-4 foot leaves :D

i dont think any of the clones in cultivation get that big.......just seen pics Fernando has posted of his travels with one that was stretched out......not sure how big the ones in cultivation get but 8" is prolly getting close.......

Curious to see a fabled 4-foot longifolia, I started searching the net for pics of this utric and I have to say... the pics I found were of leaves about my size or smaller. If you DO find those pics that Fernando took, I'd love to see them. :)

Is this plant essentially aquatic?

it will happily grow as an affixed aquatic in shallow water........also seen it grow happily in LFS and bark like alpina and company........pretty easy plant to keep happy and growing.....

I currently have one in my tropical tank setup. I may lower it into the water a bit.

Those 2 pictures show just why I don't want this plant! Its just too big.

I've seen them about a yard long in F's photos and can for sure reach a foot and a half in cultivation.

Back