What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. dichotoma

Out of all my Utrics I've figured out how to get this one to flower continuously, but as for the others, I'm still trying new things out. I've recently just moved all of my utrics outside, hopefully it doesnt stop this one from flowering and triggers the other ones to!

IMG_2214.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2215.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2057.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2041.JPG_595.jpg

Great shots! So, how to you have them continue flowering?

I think the trick is the water levels and levels of light, this one just happens to be one that requires less light then other in order to flower IMO.

I use a medium of 50/50 peat/silica sand
I'll water to the top and let the water evaporate until the tray is dry and I repeat. I had them very close to the lights (6-8 inches) but do the height of the flower stalks I had to move them. So outside they went! As far as lights I was using 4 T8s, 40W each, full spectrum.

Very interesting. My utric community pot is 8 inches away from the lights and I water till the top of the tray, but I never let the tray dry out. My U. dichotomas do flower a lot, but not continuously like you describe it.

Back