What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric traps sprouting from flower stalks

I knew this had been seen in VFTs but I had never heard of this occuring in Utrics though I dont see why it wouldnt be possible. I had to do a double take when I saw what looked like roots emerging from my U. dichotoma flower stalk. Obviously since Utrics do not have what are defined as 'roots' these can only be traps. Looks like new flower stalks that should be emerging from the ground are emerging from the very tip of the flower stalk which is already touching the lights above.

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2439.JPG

Neat. Nice U. dichotoma. :)

You can also pull the flower stalks and root them, its a useful trick to seperate the smaller ones when they get mixed up.

...or bend it to the media...

You can also pull the flower stalks and root them, its a useful trick to seperate the smaller ones when they get mixed up.

That would come in very handy. I just have a container filled with nothing but dichotoma so IDing isnt a problem but I will end up just sticking it back into the medium, i'd feel bad just throwing it away lol.

send it to me!!! :-D seriously..... :poke: just kidding. (or am i?) :suspect:

Back