What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

x [alpina x endresii] and others; pictures and cultivation

Yeah, your probably right (I did remember your comment on that but this was funnier). Right now the days are prolly 80-85 and nights around 55-60. so maybe just a warmer day, depending on what your stable temp is.

Thanks for the ideas!

I have my one BIG Utric in an orchid basket, with more holes than pot, and my U. reniformis IS indeed sending leaves all over the place. I have some starts of U. nelumbifolia and others that I think I'll put in "holy" pots. Maybe more orchid baskets.

Does anyone have any live LFSM? I'll need a couple gallons in about a month or two.

FWIW, here's my colony"

Picture-4.jpg

Update on my flower (moving right along!)

IMG_0678.JPG

Oh, and I have a second one showing up from the other hole! :)

IMG_0679.JPG

Andrew

lol as i said in another thread i think my downfall with blooming Iperua and Orchidioids Utrics is that my conditions are to stable......they grow pretty well for me but just dont like to flower.......maybe i should crack a basement window and drop the night time temps to the 50's for a few weeks.....

I do not think it is so much the cold S as it is the drying. Andy is letting them dry a bit more in winter without realizing it (cause he is not watering as often.) I can almost guarantee that is the root cause of the trigger.

I think I said they were getting less water than normal, here or the longifolia thread? ...somewhere heh. but yeah, I could agree with that!

It's coming along quite nice, I would guess it's almost time to show some color?

IMG_0727.JPG

Alright, finally got some open flowers!

alpina+x+endresii+_6_.JPG

alpina+x+endresii+_7_.JPG

Congrats!

Back