What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aldrovanda & Friend

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture005-6.jpg

LOL! It's a start!

what's the "friend"?

Cattail. I'll be invitng more of its bog friends.

What is the LFS for? I've never seen aldrovanda grown that way before... I didn't.

Healthy lookin plants!

I've had horrible experience w/ aldrovanda. I tried whatever I could to have the red and green form along with peat and water hyacinth but its was a complete failure..

Wait, the green stuff in the picture is Aldrovanda? I thought that was live sphagnum

What is the LFS for? I've never seen aldrovanda grown that way before... I didn't.

Healthy lookin plants!

I always have a tub of LFS growing outside. That's just keeping the Aldrovanda hydrated for now. This is just a transition until i get something more appropriate set up.

I set up a Sterilite container in the bog and put the above pieces in there. Not impressive at the moment but hopefully it will be in a couple months.

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture008-8.jpg

The other portion that I had with U. gibba, in a vase, I just put in a 10 gallon fishtank. It's too murky in there right now for a picture.

Pictures from the fishtank:

Picture001-14.jpg

Picture006-6.jpg

Picture009-8.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Back