What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another longifolia about to flower

U_long.jpg

U_long2.jpg

Needs a shave ;)

Thanks for looking,
Av

cant wait to see them open! what are the helis in back?

You and me both are waiting! I have two scapes and I can see the blue in the one. Any day now, right?

Very nice! What do you have it growing in?

Butch your dandlelions....uhh I mean longifolia are outta control hehehe
Of the couple utrics I've grown, longifolia has been my favorite, beautiful and not so miniature compared to the rest!

Great job Av! Are they grow on the top shelf of your setup?

cant wait to see them open! what are the helis in back?

Sam, one is currently in the NASC auction: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122152

Very nice! What do you have it growing in?
Live Sphagnum

Great job Av! Are they grow on the top shelf of your setup?

Nope, lower shelf.... top seems too intense

Thanks for the kind comments all,
Av

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Butch your dandlelions....uhh I mean longifolia are outta control hehehe
Of the couple utrics I've grown, longifolia has been my favorite, beautiful and not so miniature compared to the rest!

Do you already have one?
well dang.... anyways, the one you have incoming is almost as big as this one
Av

Av,
Nice growing! Looks like a very happy plant. It's interesting that it's about a month behind many of the others that bloomed this year...

Someone I traded with a while back said he grew one for a while in a net pot in a terrarium - it ended up looking like a softwall of live LFS with longer longifolia leaves sticking out - both were very happy...

One of the great things about these guys (besides how beautiful the flower is) is how long the blooming period is. I've still got 6 beautiful flowers (3 plants, 4 scapes) & more coming... Gotta love that!

Av,
Nice growing! Looks like a very happy plant. It's interesting that it's about a month behind many of the others that bloomed this year...

Dunno Ron, but FWIW I had two of them and both were synchronous so I have to assume an enviromental trigger (photoperiod or temp?)

Butch

First flower has opened

U_long_flower.jpg

I think they have the best looking flowers of the whole genus. They're the biggest ones I've ever seen!

Beautiful flower Av! :hail: It's curious that the yellow 'splotch' is less rectangular than mine & some of the others (although, apparently Andrew's & mine are the same clone - originally from Bob Z). I'm interested to see if other flowers keep the same pattern.
I think they have the best looking flowers of the whole genus. They're the biggest ones I've ever seen!
While I agree that it's a beautiful & large flower - some of the rennies get a higher rating imho - like this one (look at those 'eyes'!) :0o:

Oh that is perty! If I'm lucky, my recent acquisition will eventually do something noteworthy.

Back