What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia graminifolia - types/pics

I am interesting in identifying and acquiring the various clones of Utricularia graminifolia. Below are pics of 2 of the 3 clones I am growing. (3rd clone I have is probably Utricularia heterosepala) Is anyone else growing anything different?

Bright Blue
_DS20067-2.jpg

Pale Pink
_DS20075-1.jpg

looks like what i've got as well. although your pink flower looks more purple-ish to me. one thing i've noted though is that the flowers pale with age, so it could be that the purple and the pink flower are one and the same.

I am not noticing mine fading, I have flowers that are a day old and some that are a week old, they look the same under my conditions.

maybe they pale in color when they are no longer viable....or dead. lol. the blooms have been on their stocks for weeks now, possibly 4 or five.

Well, I could see them fading after 4 or 5 weeks! Did yours start out darker than mine? Other think I noticed is that on the blue plant, the scapes are taller and have more flowers.

I use to have a pinkish colony before they died out. I have a new colony but they haven't as yet flowered.

Got one from an aquarium store, but it hasn't flowered yet.

I will be able to say in a few if this hold true for graminfolia, however i can see and say for certain that the color of U. livida flowers vary depending on the conditions that they are grown under. Lower light I see light colored flowers, very little color, more light darker color and more compact stems. I have some graminifolia set up outside to see if similar things happen with its flowers. will report back when i see.

Set me some of the Bright Blue aside someday :eek:, I have a non-flowering clone ;) I'll send some along and maybe you can tell me what the flowers look like.

I bet that flowers of nearly any plant will vary based on conditions. To counter this I am growing my plants right next to each other to compare them. The flowers in the pictures actually grew about an inch or 2 apart. I have a third plant right next to the other 2, hasnt flowered yet but the leaves look identical in every way except they are distinctly a darker green and grow much faster.

I will be able to say in a few if this hold true for graminfolia, however i can see and say for certain that the color of U. livida flowers vary depending on the conditions that they are grown under. Lower light I see light colored flowers, very little color, more light darker color and more compact stems. I have some graminifolia set up outside to see if similar things happen with its flowers. will report back when i see.

This was the defunct colony from 2006:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

Back