What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young U. quelchii leaves VS U. tricolor leaves

Amphiron wanted to see some pics of immature U. quelchii leaves VS U. tricolor leaves so I thought I'd post what I have labeled as each of those plants so everyone can see them.

Here is the U. tricolor growing along happily in some mud (kitty litter & sphagnum peat moss).

utricolor.jpg

Here is my "U. quelchii" the leaves are very similar to tricolor at this point. I thought there was only one new leaf but after taking the pic I see there are two! :)

uquelchii2.jpg

The leaf stalk on the young quelchii seems a tad shorter and wider and it has a nice bronze hue to it. The tricolor doesn't seem to color up at all even though they grow under the same light. U. quelchii is definitely a slower grower than U. tricolor - these cultures were both started about 1 or 2 weeks apart with similar sized starting material.

thanks very much swords! i doubt im the only one who finds this information useful!

so now we pretty much know that U. quelchii juvenile leaves are more strapped shaped than round. they also possess a darker green hue. way. to. go. :cuss: sigh....

We've all been shistered! LOL

I still wonder why DDs clone grows so slowly compared to "real" tricolor which is a weed. And his "unknown orchidiodes" is goofy too. I now see it's nothing but praelonga, maybe best we avoid this guys plants! LOL

If anyone ever gets a U. quelchii from me in the future, I assure you it won't be this plant.

Back