What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric stuff

Finally getting a flower stalk on my U. calcyfida!!

100_5483.jpg

100_5489.jpg

100_5491.jpg

U. calcyfida 'Yog Sethos'

100_5488.jpg

U. livida

100_5484.jpg

100_5492.jpg

U. praelonga

100_5485.jpg

100_5486.jpg

U. blanchetii

100_5480.jpg

Can anyone I.D. this one?!?!?

100_5493.jpg

NOID looks like one of the famous "quelchii/tricolors".

please. swords....you're going to make me cry. :(

Those are great! Man, I only have the tiniest piece of a U. Sandersonnii Blue!

Nice blanchetii!

I'd say mine is definately tricolor after a little research. I don't think it's quelchii..

Only thing is the leaves on your NOID appear in this shot to be much more linear than either of the tricolors I have. Maybe a pic from the side will show a different look but both of my tricolors kink over at the top of the leaf stem, are kinda wavy margined and both are from two dif. persons. Whereas my "quelchii" grows straight like that with red edging on the spade shaped leaves. Depending on who you got it from maybe you did get a nice quelchii clump... far nicer than mine! :( LOL

How rapidly does the NOID seem to grow? What size upon arrival (and when) to what size now?

You have pretty Utricularia! I really like that U. 'Yog-Sothoth', congrats on the flowering, too!

Some day, I'm gonna get two 10 gallon tanks, put aquatic utrics in one, and in the other all other sorts of utrics, in layers of soil. Then wait until they all flower, and take much more pics than necessary. :D

Get yourself over to Petco $10 for a 10 gallon til sunday the 19th.

I've got a petgoods that sells 10 gals for little over $10. The sign says it's a sale, but it's been like that for a few years, if I remember correctly.
Plus, I found an extra 10 gal.

Congrats on the flowers!

That "NOID" is starting to look more and more like quelchii. The stems on the leaves are getting longer and longer.. I took more pics, more angles and such. But won't have time to get them posted until Sat.

Back