What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G. violacea "Giant"

got these guys to bloom for me. So far the ones kept inside under lights have not. It sort of suggests that they might be seasonal regulated by either temperature or daylength.

DSC_00010001_8.jpg

DSC_00070003.jpg

DSC_00030002.jpg

Impressive. :D

Perty! I had one bloom.... once... and promptly died.

Well done Mach, they look a Utric and Stylidium hybrid! Thanks for the pics :)

The one I received from you right after the auction is in spike now, it has been growing under lights but there have been temp drops in the growing area within the last month. They are too far from natural light for daylength to have an effect on them.

I should have a flower in a week or two.

Gotta love those uncommon carnivores! Nice growing.

They look awesome!

Nice! Mine threw out some spikes a couple months ago and the one I brought back to my apartment in TX is throwing out a spike too. Very hardy plants!

ive flowered every one that came through my hands in the basement under light.....doubt light change triggers blooming alone though it could be a factor just not the only one.....do have a bit of temp difference from summer to winter.....

Looks like a small version of U. longifolia.

What are your conditions for this plant? I just received some and I'm having trouble finding anything on google.

Beautiful pics!!

Looks like a small version of U. longifolia.
Actually it looks like 1/3rd U. sandersonii, 1/3rd U. nephrophylla & 1/3rd U. longifolia (imho) ... :-O (wish I could easily remember how to do thumbnails on photobucket)

Usandersoniiblue-front1092609RS.jpg

Unephroflowerfront022010RS.jpg

Ulongifolia-front032910RS.jpg

Back