What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia geminiloba Flower Stalk

Your plant looks good! Maybe I'll try to add some peat to my growing mix for it.
I'm just happy that it is growing. I wouldn't add peat, based on my plants - the LFS-based pot is at least as robust as the peat-based pot, if not more.... If I was going to change something, it would be to adopt more frequent watering. While it is too new for this to be a definite positive, the plants natural environment & the success of the grower who sent me an email saying his plants were watered every day or two, all point to the likelihood...

I wouldn't add peat, based on my plants - the LFS-based pot is at least as robust as the peat-based pot, if not more....
Actually, virtually all growth in the peat-based pot stopped around the time of the last post. Meanwhile, the LFS-based plant has been adding leaves on a regular basis and has started 7-12 new leaf stalks in just the last week or so. Based on this, today I took the plant in the peat media and repotted into 100% live LFS. I kept the main root ball in one pot but took the side growth & started several others. While I was digging around, I noticed this tuber so I grabbed the camera for a pic (naturally, a few minutes later I uncovered at least 4 more - which would have been a better pic but my hands were completely disgusting - so I passed):
Ugeminilobatuber020511RS.jpg

Hey RSS - where's more flower pics??

Actually, virtually all growth in the peat-based pot stopped around the time of the last post. Meanwhile, the LFS-based plant has been adding leaves on a regular basis and has started 7-12 new leaf stalks in just the last week or so. Based on this, today I took the plant in the peat media and repotted into 100% live LFS. I kept the main root ball in one pot but took the side growth & started several others. While I was digging around, I noticed this tuber so I grabbed the camera for a pic (naturally, a few minutes later I uncovered at least 4 more - which would have been a better pic but my hands were completely disgusting - so I passed):

Hey RSS - where's more flower pics??

Seeing that tuber makes me want to uproot mine and check, I'll have to resist that urge.

We had a water pipe burst and ended up moving in the last week, we are just now getting settled back in, that flower is dieing now so no new photo's until the next one.

I have some different leaf growth with that plant and once its fully grown in I'll get a pic up. I think its just from higher light, but none the less interesting. Its rounded and green/red/purple.

Back