What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchidioides Flowers

Awesome flowers, good growing. : ) Those hybrids, didn't know they existed, great anyways!

I like looking at Utric flower pics so I enjoy looking in this thread (even if it is old...). Here's another species not represented: U. campbelliana

.... or a bit closer:

Last edited:
eewheeeoooowwww

Simply gorgeous Ron

Very impressive, Ron!

Absolutely spectacular Ron! Truly one of the marvels of the genus. :)

I like looking at Utric flower pics so I enjoy looking in this thread (even if it is old...). Here's another species not represented: U. campbelliana

.... or a bit closer:

do you remember what time of year they bloomed for you? I am guessing they are seasonal. Now that mine has filled out some wondering if it will bloom...

do you remember what time of year they bloomed for you? I am guessing they are seasonal. Now that mine has filled out some wondering if it will bloom...
I did some pollinating on 04.26.14 & 05.04.14. Sorry - I don't remember when they started to open. I planted seeds on 06.25.14. The only real seasonal clues mine get are temps - basement lighting doesn't move.

Both plants that flowered last year are much larger now. It'll be interesting to see if they flower again.

U. endresii just dropped it's flower a few days ago & U. praetermissa was a few weeks before that. Both U. asplundii clones are sending up stalks (& one feral asplundii is flowering now in another tank). I'd really like to see some of the U. humboldtii flower again (one with a stalk over 4' & a constant succession of flowers).

.... & another not represented in this thread:

U. nephrophylla x nelumbifolia

Not as striking as the campby (duh) & I didn't bother to hide the background clutter but I still love the bulging eyes ...
- also check out the subtle differences with the earlier nephro hybrid - U. nephrophylla x reniformis

Last edited:
Nice flowers Ron. The last one looks like a face...sort of lol.

That is quite an eye catcher, the slight tinge of purple is very pleasant and really attractive:)

Gorgeous as always Ron. This one looks like it was pulled out of the cantina in Mos Eisley !

Beautiful!

.... & another not yet in this thread - U. endresii. This species has been a bit picky for me & I'll admit I still don't have it's true comfort zone locked down. Even so, it has produced a few flowers for me - here's it's 1st (back in Feb of 2013):

For the sake of documenting flowering times.

1. Utricularia campbelliana 3/09/2015

Wow! Can't wait to see it bloom.

Finally getting some "Angry bunnies"!

U. sandersonii is not one of the Orchidioides species however....

Sorry, my bad.

omg! Fantastic U. campbelliana Kula. Man! I love this utric.

For the sake of documenting flowering times.

1. Utricularia campbelliana 3/09/2015

Back