What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How tall do the stalks of U. pubescens get?

I'm thinking of using some U. pubescens in a project tank, but I need to know how tall the flower stalks can/do get. From the photo's I can find through the internet they seem short. Anyone flowered this one that remembers the how high they got?

One flowered just after I received it in the fall. The stalk was only about 2" tall. I doubt that it was really representative - but yes, it was much shorter than everything else blooming in the tank.

One flowered just after I received it in the fall. The stalk was only about 2" tall. I doubt that it was really representative - but yes, it was much shorter than everything else blooming in the tank.

Thats actually about the perfect size. Thanks for the info, I just have to be carefull adding things into a scaped tanks. I took a Cryptocoryne tonkinensis thinking its submerged size would be similar to its emersed size...I was wrong, so so wrong...and I can not get it out of the tank...three new growths in there now I need to pull out before they get too big.

I'll add the Utric this week and hopefully I can get them to take without moss!

mine is still flowering and at its highest it has only reached 4 inches.

Back