What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia nelumbifolia

thez_yo

instigator
Aaalllmost blooming... I've been patiently waiting for weeks...

P3180023.jpg

P3180030.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooooooooooooo!

LOL! I love this plant. Right now I'm patiently waiting for a second leaf :p

LOL! I love this plant. Right now I'm patiently waiting for a second leaf :p

Well, this plant with the flower only has 2 leaves, so that's actually super awesome!!

Oooh... plain whorl!

I remember from last year's bloom that they do seem to take forever. The good thing is that they also last for a long time. My smallest plant is the only one to send up any stalks so far & it has sent up two - although one of them aborted a few days ago ... :censor: In theory, this one is a different clone from the one that flowered last spring - so I'm hoping the flower will be darker...

Congrats on the impendingly cool surge of beauty about to hit your abode!! :boogie:

Another one that seemed to take forever was U. longifolia.

Hmm... good to know, so it's *supposed* to take forever :lol:

Maybe if I can pollinate it against itself I might put seed up for the NASC auction..

Your's hasn't opened yet? I was just wandering around the basement and mine appears to be a little past where your pics were last week ... :scratch:

Your's hasn't opened yet? I was just wandering around the basement and mine appears to be a little past where your pics were last week ... :scratch:

If the plant is outdoors in SD, it's still cold here. (relatively speaking of course :))

Boom, it's almost open!

P3290022.jpg

Back