What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aquatic Utricularia water

So, I know aquatic utrics like acidic water but I have been wondering, does it have to be distilled? Can I just use water from the tap treated with fish dechlorinator? U. graminifolia and U. gibba might be able to grow like this, any info on that? What about U. inflata?

Thanks. :)

I have U. gibba in with the fish and I am sure the TDS of that tank is very high. Added some crushed coral to the tank to help buffer the water better. It is growing but I don't know if they are thriving. Just set up recently so need to see long term

I have a tank filled with gibba in RO.. the gibba has turned into a carpet on top of the water, and the inflata seems to stay down in the LFS below.

I've been using bog water, sine it likely has small critters in it. One just have to be careful as to the sourve of the water, in case it's runoff conatining toxins.

Back