What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia calcyfida Bloom

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Utricularia calycifida Bloom

Utricularia calycifida is blooming for me, the first Utricularia of mine to bloom in a long time. This plant was given to me courtesy of RSS, and so thank you very much for the healthy and fruitful Utricularia!

DSCN5880.jpg

DSCN5881.jpg

DSCN5882.jpg

DSCN5883.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the pot? I'm curious how people are keeping their utrics.. Congrats on the blooms!

Sure thing! It's in a 3.5 inch pot or maybe 4 inch, I don't know. I grow it like almost everything else - in pure sphagnum with misting and no real watering other than that. It grows with the rest of my Nepenthes in highland conditions.

DSCN5884.jpg

Congrats! Been awhile since mine flowered.

Lucky! Mine just has two green leaves the size of fingernails :-(

Oh WOW.. you just gave me a WORLD of ideas! Thanks for that pic.. I've been going about my terrestrials all wrong.

Oh WOW.. you just gave me a WORLD of ideas! Thanks for that pic.. I've been going about my terrestrials all wrong.

I don't actually know if this method work for many other Utricularia. I really just put them in there out of laziness because sphagnum and Highland is easiest for me to do.

The Genlisea and U. calcyfida seem to be liking it anyway!

Well I've got a couple calcyfida variations to try it with. And all of my utrics are in my HL GH anyways.. so what have I got to lose! I don't think they'd do any worse. They're just spreading right now.. not much else.

Just a floral update

DSCN5897.jpg

Back