What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess What These Are...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
100_9845.jpg

100_9840.jpg

100_9827.jpg

The last one is a U. livida, but after that, absolutely no clue! :)

The 1st two look like the turtle shells of RSS's nemesis :-O & the 3rd needs to continue to open ... ???

first two are graminifolia, last is livida. :p

number 3, i am more inclined to suggest Utricularia arenaria (A.DC.) based on spur length relative to lower lip. If it is indeed U. arenaria, it appears to be a species that is capable of self pollination and will set seeds in peoples collections. Verses U. livida that does not appear to self pollinate....

http://www.cpphotofinder.com/utricularia-arenaria-272.html

Last edited:
Pictures 1 & 2 are the same flower, different angle. They sprang up in my U. longifolia pot, but clearly are not.Here's a picture from this morning:

100_9870.jpg

Picture 3 is in a pot from D. auriculata and it never opened up any further. Another bud will be opening soon.

Okay, these leaves go with these flowers:

100_9876.jpg

100_9827.jpg

and:

100_9874.jpg

100_9877.jpg

These are U. livida leaves and flower:

100_9871.jpg

100_8743.jpg

These are U. graminifolia leaves and flower (from 5 years ago):

100_9872.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0028-1.jpg

wow.. mobile and Jim, what do you guys keep your water levels at? And do you prefer peat, or LFS as a media?

I've always grown U. graminifolia as an emergent, in peat/sand mix:

DSCN0744.JPG

SS851198.JPG

SS851205.JPG

Are you sure it's not Utricularia uliginos?

Ugly Nora? Nah.... haven't had in the collection for years. LOL! I'm not sure of anything.

Mass Generally speaking, I put utrics in a combination of peat, sand, and LFS and try to keep the water table on the high side, or at least allow for variation.

Could it be U. arenaria?

After being outside for a few weeks:

101_0431.jpg

Is D. ariculata rare? It sprang up in my mini bog o_O

Back