What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gill_za

Never Knows Best
Dear Utricularia growers.

I have the following plants in my collection:

U. sandersonii white
U. livida
U. graminifolia
U. nephrophylla
U. bisquamata
U. pubescens
U. blanchetii
U. tricolor
U. welwitschii

U. humboldtii
U. nelumbifolia
U. reniformis

...which I was growing 8" or so below 4x48"xT8x32W lamps. I would like to find out if I can move them onto my recently extended North East facing windowsil. Will the sunlight from the windowsill be enough for these plants?

Thank you!

Generally anything facing anywhere close to North won't get enough light, especially in the winter. Nice collection!

My apologies I have a South East facing window (i was a bit out of it when creating the thread). This fro what I understand improves my situation.

South is best I have a grow rack that is as close to the the south facing glass doors as it can be. The grow rack has artificial lighting as well, but when "push comes to shove", it's obvious that the plants and flower scapes bend toward the glass doors instead of going straight up.

Great, thank you! Moved part of my utrics collection onto the windowsill today night. I started running out of space on my table where I keep the plants. Gotta shell out and get myself a free-standing wire shelf from lowes already.

South east is much better!

Back