What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. fulva cultivation??

I need some growing tips for U. fulva please!!!
terrestrial vs. epiphytic? growing medium? temp.? light? etc. etc?
thanks

terrestrial.
sand + peat...possibly more sand than peat? 60:40 to 50:50 is good.
temps: on the warm side, grows more as a lowlander.
lighting: not picky. 8-14 hr photoperiod.
watering: use tray method. likes wet.

best of luck. :)

Have grown with the petiolaris dews. Peat sand mix and kept mostly submerged. Seems like is one might like it wet or semi aquatic. I don't think I have all the conditions dialed in mine bloomed and flowers were not as colorful or speckled like the pictures we see on line so maybe I have them too warm? Testing in other locations will have more answers soon.

You can find out a lot about a plant frequently by checking it's home range. Here's a thread with fantastic habitat shots which also provides info on the range. Google "Arnhemland Plateau" and you'll find that U. fulva grows with the petiolaris dews in Northern Oz.

thanks all. very helpful. RL7836: great link!

I've got Peios in a terrarium setup, resting on an "egg grate", so that they don't get their feet wet. The tray is filled to capacity with water. Should U. fulva be on top of the crate or immersed the water?

I've got Peios in a terrarium setup, resting on an "egg grate", so that they don't get their feet wet. The tray is filled to capacity with water. Should U. fulva be on top of the crate or immersed the water?

Aloha Jim,
I keep the fulva pot in a deli cup deep as is needed to maintain a high water level

I'll just maintian a high water table in the tray, with the other utrics.

Back