What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. warburgii

Since this is blooming for me now, it's easily my favorite of the weeds that have bloomed for me. What a gorgeous plant.

1%20(2).png

1%20(3).png

1%20(4).png

1%20(5).png

Nice work! I had this flower for me... once...

IMG_0003.jpg

Any tips on getting them to flower?

Great photos Kyle!

One of my favorite Utrics.

They flower every early Spring here in the greenhouse Paul. I don't do anything special to them so it's probably a seasonal thing with the lengthening day after the short Winter days.

Tony

@PaulJ69: I'm with Tony on that one, I don't do anything special except provide longer and warmer days as spring comes around. I suspect that's what got them to bloom. It isn't even crowded in that pot yet, so critical mass didn't seem to play a role in this one's blooming for me.

Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I'll get some flowers soon.

Nice flowers! I like utrics, but the only one I've ever gotten to flower was U. calcyfida.

Mine flowered last spring just after I received it. I didn't decrease the photoperiod over the winter so it may not have the cues it needs to flower this spring. Hopefully I get lucky anyway!

Nice photos! Those flowers are gorgeous! I'm just getting into Utrics, so me thinks I need this one!

Back