What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to get U .Alpina?

Does anyone know where to get Utricularia Alpina or have some available for sale???

Well - we're not allowed to discuss specific vendors here --- but even if we were, like many of the big utrics, this species is rarely available for sale from any of them (actually I don't think I've ever seen U. alpina listed on a USA retailer's site). They are periodically offered on fleabay & sometimes in NASC. They are available from Euro vendors (with associated phyto/shipping costs) or in trades from other US growers.

I have a small portion of U.alpina I could trade you for something.

Sorry, I don't have anything to trade with...,Cthulhu. Thanks for the info, RL.

We're also not allowed to sell plants on this forum other than the plants sold by Flytrapshop, so it might be a good idea to try another forum or shop if you're looking to buy a plant...

(...) Edit

Last edited:
It is like that song, "How bad do you want it?" Someone once said, "Gardeners dream bigger than Kings and Queens." We don't have their budget, though. One place in the Czech Republic has all manners of great stuff, but shipping alone is 20 euros. Plus a 6% bank transfer fee. Plus they ship without phyto certs. Others vary but, figure in the shipping and that six to ten dollar plant is fifteen to thirty. I have seen seeds for U. alpina and a couple others for about $7 but how long to get a viable plant? And can you keep it going that long...I think at that point I would rather have that half inch sprig and cross my fingers.

??? I'm surprised this thread is still going on. It's okay, I found one already.

Nice for ya :) how many utri species do u have ?

thanks, I have 7 species:) The seeds from your giveaway finally started sprouting a few days ago!

Back