What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia bisquamata flower

I took some pictures of my Utricularia bisquamata's flower. It's only the second one I've seen in a month.

DSC_0048_1.jpg

DSC_0054_1.jpg

DSC_0039_1.jpg

DSC_0052_1.jpg

I don't know how to say this, but this species tends to move into every pot near it and may become impossible to eradicate from your collection. If you want to continue to grow it you may want to do so in isolation from other plants and soil. 'Just trying to be helpful.

Thanks for the advice! There was already a lot of it in a pot of sandersonii I purchased but so far it hasn't really spread. I even took one of the seed pods and broke it open over the pitcher plant pot next to it and nothing grew. I don't know why but my Utricularia don't seem to be growing very much. Even the subulata growing with my longifolia is not spreading. I don't really mind if it spreads to every pot since the flowers are nice, but so far it doesn't look like it's going to spread even after a month and a half. The pot it is in isn't even filled.

Kyewt!

Back