What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hcarlton's Utrics

ooh pretty!

Amazing plants hawken !

Love your accidental combo ;-)

That U. alpina looks great. I had one hang in for a few years, had huge tubers but never put out many leaves at a time. Is that as dry as it looks?

No, it's wet like Nepenthes soil should be. Not soaking like the reniformis or humboldtii seedling pots are, but fairly moist.

A lot of things either blooming for the first time in a while, or the first time ever here...as well as a couple I just haven't photographed for a bit.
U. blanchetii "white flower" by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
First bloom for this species, and it's lovely
U. lateriflora by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
U. dichotoma by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr
And hopefully in the coming days, I'll get the first photo in years of my biloba blooming. I think I figured out its trigger...a drying out period.

Very pretty U. pubescens flowers

A lovely collection.

Label for this one is as such currently because, as it appears, much like with the case of parthenopipes and the white blanchetii most of the U. "minutissima" currently in trade may actually be geoffrayi. True minutissima is apparently even smaller and less lobed on the lower lip
That's interesting. I'm assuming you're referring to this article? Might be worth posting on Facebook and hoping that Fernando or another taxonomist can chime in. I believe that BCP sells a white-flowered form as well that looks similar.

Back